Learn WordPress in 1 day - get inspired!
Learn WordPress in just 1 day!
Come along to this inspired and hands on training day to learn how to build and manage your own WordPress website - whether you run your own business, are a business start up, Charity, entrepreneur or anything in between - you will be amazed how much you can achieve yourself. For the course description SCROLL DOWN.
Our founder Faith has been building websites and working with Voluntary, Charity, Community and Commercial groups for nearly a decade, leading courses at your pace and providing expert business advice along the way.
"Working as a Director and CEO in different industries, I know the frustration of being told something can't be done without a hefty price tag - or that a simple update can take weeks. Well, I'd like to show you how to do these things yourself, it changed the way I worked! Get inspired and see just how much you can achieve in 1 day, it might just be a day that changes your life!"
Who is this course for?
"I want to create my own website that I can manage and update myself!"
"I already have a WordPress website but want to be able to improve it, manage it and make it work for me!"
"I work for an organisation and need to know how to update the website."
"I want to enhance my skills and CV by learning how to use WordPress."
"I'm fed up of depending on developers managing my websites, I want to do this myself and take back control of my sites."
"I work for a business, charity, Church, School or group and want to create and develop our own website!".
Any of this sound familiar?
What does the course cover
- This 1 day WordPress training course runs typically from 10am - 4pm
- You will need to bring your own laptop computer as this course is hands on
- You do not need any prior experience however being able to use a computer is useful
- This course is great if you want to build your own website from scratch, or update or improve one that already exists
- On the day you will get your own website which you can practice on, build on and keep after the session
Setting up your site
- What is WordPress?
- Choosing your domain / setting up with a good hosting company
- Applying your domain name with your DNS settings / setting up emails
- How to install and set up your site with WordPress
- Your website security and making sure you back-up your website
- The fundamentals: looking at the dashboard, settings and basic configurations
Adding Posts, Pages and Media
- What is the difference between posts and pages
- How to add different types of Media: images, video, You tube, links and where to source from
- Arranging the look of pages and posts
- How to add categories and users, how to arrange these
- Displaying your blog/news
- How to manage comments / spam
- Menu's: how to create, display and edit menus
Search Engine Optimisation
- What is SEO and why do I need to do it?
- Improving your Google ranking by: adding meta descriptions to content, using keywords, best plugins to improve SEO and making sure your URL settings ensure best optimisation
Using Themes to Look fantastic
- What are themes and where can I find them
- Overview the top ranking WordPress themes
- How to upload and install a theme
Using Plugins and Widgets
- Learn what plug ins are
- Find out about some of the best and most used plug ins
- How to install and update plugins / what to look out for
- Learn about Widgets
- Discover how plug ins and Widgets can improve the look and functionality of your website
Interesting features to enhance your site
- How to add a contact page / configure
- Integrating Social Media with your website
- Google Analytics / how to track visitors and what to do with analytical data
- Selling products / building a shop and added features
- Quick demo on how quickly you can build a great looking site using all the features learned
After the course:
- Be sent the presentation from the course day
- Receive a link to quick guides recapping some of the topics covered
- Get to keep the website that you have trained on for 12 months to practice with
What will I be able to do after the course?
After completing this course, you will be able to have the skills to create your own WordPress site. Be able to create pages, posts and integrate different types of media. You have a good understanding of Themes, Plugins and widgets and what they can do for your website. Go away more confident with using WordPress yourself.
Some of our work - view the gallery here
Wave your cursor over some of our work - from websites, logos, consultant packs, reports to annual brochures and fundraising support. Our work has ranged from small businesses, charities to councils and public health teams ...